1. Sea weed / Sea weed Gel
Sea weed is rich in beneficial trace minerals and hormones that stimulate plant growth. Seaweed is high in carbohydrates which are essential building blocks in growing plants, & its readily available for plants to absorb all the nutrients it has. You can mix sea weed in water and give to plants. Sea weed is cheap & best liquid fertilizer for your plants. weekly once is good for vegetable plants & flowers in pots/containers. Monthly twice for land Gardner’s or Raise bed gardener’s.
Epsom salt is nothing but magnesium sulfate, which is good for plant growth. this mineral’s helps plant to build their cell walls & tissue. This is essential mineral for plants to bloom more flower. you can mix 1 spoon of Epsom salt in 1 liter of water & give to plants.
3. Compost Tea
Compost is rich in all kind of minerals & it has almost all ingredients which plant required. how ever the compost takes some time to break down to tiny particles then only plants can absorb the goodness in the compost. Overcome this drawback you can brew some compost tea & give to plant.
Method of preparation:
- Take hand full of compost ( any compost )
- put it in a 3 / 5 litre container ( opened )
- Add 2 litre of water
- Mix it well
- Give some air using Fish motor (minimum 5 to 8 hours a day)
- If you didn’t have fish motor, you can stir the mix twice in morning & night.
- stir / give air for 2 days then your compost tea is Ready for use.
- take 20 ml of compost tea & add 500 ml of water and give to plants
4. Mustard cake/ Groundnut Cake
After extracting oil from Groundnut / peanut’s the rest of the waste can be used as fertilizer. you can use either mustard or groundnut.
Method of use:
- Take piece of groundnut/ mustard cake
- soak it in water for over night
- add some more water and dilute
- Give to plants
5.Banana peel water
Banana is Rich in Magnesium & pottasium. you can give the banana peels to rose plant. chop it into fine pieces and dry them for 2 days and give to plants. However, this take some time to breakdown & reach the plants. To make this easy we can soak the fresh banana peels in water for overnight & give to plants next day. This will increase some good bacteria as well as good minerals to plants.